Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Starting Over

I began blogging several years ago. Initially, it was a place to put my fears and frustrations as I learned that escaping abusive relationships was far easier than watching a loved one (and their children) go through the process. Over time, I got further and further away from using my blog as a platform to speak out on many different things that affect me and plenty of others. Several stressful situations in my life were steadily eating away at my mental health. As a result, my blog became a very dark place. While many of the things I have to say are dark, scary, and sometimes downright gruesome, the most important thing has always been creating a safe haven in any form, in any place, that I possibly can.

I am an autistic, pansexual, intersectional feminist. I am an abuse survivor with PTSD. I also have a chronic illness to manage in the form of fibromyalgia.

I believe everything I have endured is worth it if it ultimately benefits someone else. Maybe someone will read something I've written and feel less alone. Maybe they will be encouraged. Maybe they will allow themselves to dream of something better.

I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment